Click on the questions below to jump to the relevant answer. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com
Q: How do I use the Community Forums?
A: The forums are easy to use. Follow these steps and you’ll be an active Simon’s Cat Community member in no time!
Step 1: Choose your forum wisely! Make sure you select the most appropriate forum for your post and stay on topic.
• If your post is about a story or photo relating to your pet, choose Your Pets.
• If it is about the health and well being of your pet or other animals, choose Animal Welfare.
• If you simply want to share your fan art, choose Cat Fan Do!
• For all other discussions use General Discussions.
Please note, on occasion we reserve the right to move topics to the most appropriate forum.
Step 2: Browse the forums to see if the subject / topic has already been covered. Your input to an existing thread is more valuable to the community than starting a new one.
Step 3: If starting a new topic, give it a meaningful title. Topics that receive more interaction will have a title that informs viewers about the content. It might be a description about the photos included, or, a question you are inviting other users to answer. For example:
- “This is my cat Moggy! Male Ginger – 4 years old”
- “How can I treat fleas?”
- “Simon’s Cat, by Simon age 8”
- “What’s your favourite Simon’s Cat episode?”
Step 4: Interaction is key to a successful forum. There are several things you can do;
• You can subscribe or choose to be notified of replies to a specific forum, topic or reply.
• We’re happy for users to speak in their native language, however considering writing posts in English may make the topic more accessible to a wider audience and encourage interaction.
Please make sure you read our Forum Dos and Don’ts and help us keep the forum family friendly by reporting any inappropriate behaviour. Thank you.
Q: How do I add a new Topic?
A: Click on the appropriate Forum, then simply fill in the New Topic form, by entering title, topic description. If you would like to receive notifications of replies, make sure the box is ticked in the bottom left corner. Then click Submit! If you can’t see your topic hit your browser’s refresh button. If you have any problems you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I upload an image to a forum?
A: We allow uploads of up to 2MB. Simply click “Add Attachment” button under the dialogue box. Locate the file you would like to upload and click attach. This function should work on computers, tablets and other mobile devices!
Q: Can I share images from social networking accounts?
A: Yes! You can post images hosted online direct from your social media accounts or any other online storage systems.
- Right click and image in your web browser.
- Select “Copy Image URL”
- You can then click on Image icon under Visual Toolbar, or, “IMG” button in the Text Toolbar above your topic OR reply box
- Paste the URL in the pop up window and click “OK”.
Q: How can I add a thumbnail to my topic?
A: Thumbnails can only be added by entering the URL of an image that is already online. If your chosen image has been uploaded to Facebook, Flickr or any other platform, simply follow the steps above. Your image should show as a thumbnail on the main topic list!